Base Operations is building the world’s largest dataset of global threat patterns and street-level intelligence. We are looking for an exceptional data engineer that can define, build, and mature the data pipelines, models, and warehouse that power the technology on our mission to help keep people safe . This person should have the technical acumen to contribute thought leadership relative to our architecture strategy, while also excelling at mapping that strategy into a tactical plan and executing against it.
- Build, test, and maintain robust ingestion and transformation pipelines, incl. the injection of NLP models to extract and augment data from free text sources.
- Develop data transformation, validation and analysis methods to augment the utility and actionability of data
- Build out a data warehousing strategy to realize and enhance the full data lifecycle.
- Operationalize data quality throughout, ensuring visibility and timely remediation of data quality issues.
- Contribute to GIS data architecture strategies, and drive transformation and implementation activities resulting from those strategies.
- 5+ years experience building production-level data pipelines and standing up the platforms to support them
- 5+ experience implementing and maintaining data warehouses, data models, and performing schema migrations. Experience standing up a data warehouse from scratch as well as AWS tools such as Redshift and S3 a big plus.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, data models, and performing schema migrations.
- Demonstrable thought leadership on operationalizing data quality
- Development experience delivering production ready code inPython. Familiarity with Pandas framework.
- Strong collaborator across functional areas, incl. data science, infrastructure, software development, and product
Nice to Have
- Hands on knowledge of GIS enabled data stores such as Postgres/GIS, GIS-related libraries such as GeoPandas, and analytic data platforms such as DataBricks
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins and argo workflows.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Base Operations champions diversity - we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.