The Full Stack Engineer has a broad set of experience and a self-starting approach to work. This person is an exceptional software developer who will help us build the software services to collect, process and deliver data and insights to our customers. This individual should have strong skills developing across the full stack (node.js + react.js ecosystem), and the technical acumen to contribute thought leadership to our development practice. This role involves solving technical challenges and coming up with efficient solutions in a timely manner. The Full Stack Engineer will take ownership and grow with our growing team.
The Full Stack Engineer will report to the Base Operations VP of Engineering. In addition to working closely with the VP of Engineering, the Full Stack will work with Base Operations Product and Data Science teams, as well as Security Analysts, outsourced contractors, and interns.
- Curious with a strong bias for coding action
- Quality-oriented yet capable of hammering out code quickly
- “Opinionated” on development best practices yet collaborative in its execution
- Passionate about building capabilities that will directly impact our customers
- Build, test, and maintain a set of robust back-end services and associated APIs to enable client facing functionality
- Contribute to the development of client-facing front-end services
- Contribute to the development of data pipelines for the ingest and transformation of data with active monitoring and quality assurance throughout
- Contribute to client and server-side architecture strategies, and drive transformation and implementation activities resulting from those strategies
- Collaborate with product, data science, and development team members to continually improve and drive value into our product
- 5+ years experience building production-level services with emphasis on Node.js service development and related development ecosystem
- 3+ years experience developing client-facing applications with emphasis on react.js and demonstrated knowledge of front-end languages, libraries, as well as solid UI/UX design acumen
- Experience developing in a data-centric architecture. Demonstrably competent in connecting to internal and external data sources, constructing and evaluating high-performing queries, and accounting for complexities of data in service design
- Experience in a cloud-based development environment, esp. Node.js, and comfortable connecting to and/or leveraging AWS platforms such as S3, RDS, ECS, lambda, step functions
- Strong collaborator across functional areas, incl. data science, infrastructure, SW development, and product
- Hands on knowledge of geographic data types, online mapping (e.g. Google Maps, Mapbox APIs), and GIS enabled data stores (e.g. PostGIS, Snowflake)
- Development experience in Python, and familiarity with GIS-related libraries such as GeoPandas.
- Experience developing automated testing infrastructure (e.g. Selenium)